Diamonds are forever
It is important to take proper care of your purchase to ensure it maintains its sparkle. Here are some tips for protecting your purchase:
- Have rings cleaned and polished at least once a year.
- Clean diamonds with a mild liquid detergent or a specially-designed jewellery cleaner. Use a soft brush only.
- Diamonds can chip so avoid wearing diamond jewellery while doing heavy manual work or strenuous activity.
- Remove jewellery before using household cleaners as they can contain chemicals that can be harmful.
- Always store jewellery in a lined box to avoid scratches or loss.
- Never wear jewellery while showering or cleaning, as gold jewellery will develop a soapy film and dull the appearance.
- Never expose your gemstones to salt water and harsh chemicals, which will dull and erode your gems.
- Never clean rings with anything other than a polishing cloth or piece of felt.
This information has been provided by the Jewellers Association of Australia.
Melbourne Diamond Importers… demystifying diamonds.